The best way to troubleshoot internet or TV problems is a reboot. Restarting/rebooting your router or set-top box resets your device and often fixes the problem.
If a reboot doesn't work and you need help, contact our Technical Support team 24/7 at 1.866.947.5995. Ziply Fiber supports any equipment we provided to you, including multi-port modems. If you're using non-Ziply Fiber equipment, contact the manufacturer for help with their product.
Should you reboot?
If you have no connection, check to see if there is a service outage in your area before you reboot your equipment.
Enter your billing telephone number* below.
Billing Telephone Number*
To receive text messages from Frontier with outage updates, call 1.866.699.4759 and choose the option to receive a text message when service is restored. You may also get service updates by following us on Twitter.
If you are having an issue, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
*This is your Ziply Fiber telephone number or the first 10 digits of your Ziply Fiber account number.
Restart Your Router or Modem
- Press the power button or unplug the power cord to your router.
- Turn it back on or plug it back into the electrical outlet and wait 30 seconds.
Note: Always keep your router plugged in and turned on so that your Fiber TV can function properly. Rebooting is the only time to turn it off.
If that doesn't help, try a factory reset
- Find the Reset button on the rear panel of the router. Use a pen or straighten out a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. The reset process will start about 10 seconds after you release the button.
- When the router resets, the lights on the front panel will turn off, and then some will start flashing.
- When the Power light glows, the router has completed its reset process. Try to access the Internet as you normally do.
Note: A factory reset undoes any settings you may have changed. If you changed your router name and password, a factory reset undoes that change.
Restart Your Set-Top Box
- Unplug the power cord to your Set-Top Box from the electrical outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds, then plug it back in to the electrical outlet.
- Wait for the time lights to appear on the front of the Set-Top Box.
- Turn on the Set-Top Box and wait a few minutes while the Interactive Media Guide updates.
- Check to see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't, the Set-Top Box might need to be re-initialized. Please contact Ziply Fiber Technical Support at 1.866.947.5995 for further assistance.
Note: Be sure you are disconnecting the electrical power cord—not the coaxial cable. A coaxial cable that is not fastened securely can cause problems. Take a second to make sure all connections are secure.