The first step in troubleshooting internet or TV problems is usually restarting, also known as rebooting, your router or set-top box. Rebooting will often fix the problem.
Should you reboot?
If you have no connection, check to see if there's a service outage in your area before rebooting your equipment.
Enter your billing telephone number* below.
Billing Telephone Number*
To receive text messages from Ziply Fiber with outage updates, call 1.866.699.4759 and choose the option to receive a text message when service is restored. You may also get service updates by following us on Twitter.
If you are having an issue, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
*This is the telephone number associated with you Ziply Fiber account or the first 10 digits of your Ziply Fiber account number.
If there are no outages in your area and following the reboot steps below doesn't work, contact our Technical Support team 24/7 at 1.866.947.5995.
Ziply Fiber supports any equipment we provide to you, including multi-port modems. If you're using non-Ziply Fiber equipment, contact the manufacturer for help with their product.
Restart Your Router or Modem
- Press the power button or unplug the power cord to your router.
- Turn it back on or plug it back into the electrical outlet and wait 30 seconds.
Note: Rebooting is the only time to turn off your router or modem. Other than that, always keep this equipment plugged in and turned on so your Fiber services can function properly.
If rebooting doesn't work, consider a factory reset
Note: A factory reset undoes any settings you may have changed, including any personalization you may have entered for your router name and password.
- Find the Reset button on the rear panel of the router. Use a pen or straighten out a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. The reset process will start about 10 seconds after you release the button.
- When the router resets, the lights on the front panel will turn off, and then some will start flashing.
- When the Power light glows, the router has completed its reset process. Try to access the internet as you normally do.
Restart Your Set-Top Box
- Unplug the power cord to your set-top box from the electrical outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds, then plug the power cord back in to the electrical outlet.
- Wait for the time lights to appear on the front of the set-top box.
- Turn on the set-top box and wait a few minutes while the Interactive Media Guide updates.
- Check to see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't, the set-top box might need to be re-initialized. Contact Ziply Fiber Technical Support at 1.866.947.5995 for further assistance.
Note: Be sure to disconnect the electrical power cord—not the coaxial cable. A coaxial cable that's not fastened securely can cause problems. This is a good time to make sure all connections are secure.