A router restart, also known as rebooting, is often the quickest and easiest way to resolve a variety of internet issues.
Restart your router or modem
- Power off: Press the power button on your router or unplug the power cord.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Power on: Press the power button again or plug its cord back into the electrical outlet.
- Lights on the front of your device will flash for a few minutes while it's coming back online.
Note: Rebooting is the only time to turn off your router or modem. Other than that, always keep this equipment plugged in and turned on so your Fiber services can function properly.
If rebooting doesn't work, consider a factory reset
For DSL equipment: If you’re subscribed to Ziply’s high-speed DSL internet service, call us at 1.866.947.5995 before completing a factory reset.
NOTE: A factory reset undoes any of your personalized settings, including the router name and password if you changed them from the original settings. It's a good idea to make note of any personal settings you want to redo after completing a factory reset.
- Find the reset button on the rear panel of the router. (In the example below, the router is shown on its side.) Use a pen or straighten out a paper clip to press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. The reset process will start about 10 seconds after you release the button.
- When the router resets, the lights on the front panel will turn off, and then some will start flashing.
- When the Power light glows, the reset process is complete. Try to access the internet as you normally do.
Ziply Fiber supports any equipment we provide, or equipment previously provided by Frontier, including multi-port modems. If you're using non-Ziply Fiber (or non-Frontier) equipment, contact the manufacturer for help with their product.