Your Fiber TV equipment includes (1) a DVR Set-Top Box (Digital Video Recorder) or a Non-DVR Set-Top Box, and (2) a remote control.
Go here to download your channel guide.
You probably have an HD or DVR Set-Top Box:
- High Definition (HD) Set-Top Boxes provide all the features of the Standard Definition Set-Top Box, plus HD content.
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR) Set-Top Boxes provide all the features of the High Definition Set-Top Box. Plus they can record shows and pause and rewind live TV.
If you use an SD Set-Top Box, your equipment is still supported by Ziply Fiber:
- Standard Definition (SD) Set-Top Boxes provide digital audio and video quality. SD gives you access to:
- the Fiber TV Interactive Media Guide
- over 45 all-digital music channels
- Pay-Per-View or On Demand shows.
A CableCARD is also available from Ziply Fiber for a small charge per month. It gives you access to certain encrypted HD and SD digital programs without the need for a Set-Top Box. However, it does not support features like Video On Demand or Parental Controls.
Having problems with your set-top box? Follow these steps to restore service:
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Power back on.
- Unplug the power cord from the set top box.
- Plug the power cord back in to reset.