Your equipment consists of either a DVR Set-Top Box (Digital Video Recorder) or a Non-DVR Set Top Box, and a Remote Control. Here are instructions for using your Set-Top Box. Be sure to download the channel guide for your state.
There are three types of Set-Top Boxes with different capabilities:
- Standard Definition (SD) Set-Top Boxes provide digital audio and video quality. SD gives you access to the TV Interactive Media Guide, over 45 all-digital music channels and Pay-Per-View or On Demand shows.
- High Definition (HD) Set-Top Boxes provide all the features of the Standard Definition Set-Top Box, as well as access to HD content.
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR) Set-Top Boxes provide all the features of the High Definition Set-Top Box, plus the ability to record shows and pause and rewind live TV.
A CableCARD is also available from Ziply Fiber for $5.99 per month. This device provides access to certain encrypted High Definition (HD) and Standard Definition (SD) digital programs without the need for a Set-Top Box. However, it does not support features like Video On Demand or Parental Controls.
Having problems with your set-top box? Follow these steps to restore service:
- Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Power back on.
- Unplug the power cord from the set top box.
- Plug the power cord back in to reset.
Energy Efficiency Information