1. Log in to the Voice Portal.
2. Go to Auto-Attendant.
3. Create a new auto-attendant or edit an existing one.
4. Add a Group route in the auto-attendant path.
5. Enable Allow Call Queuing. This will enable the ability to have incoming calls placed in a "waiting room" where hold music will play while they wait for the next available representative.
Hold music is set at the account level, not at the queue level, meaning custom music cannot be set for each individual queue.
6. Enter the following information:
- Max # of Calls. How many people can wait on hold at a time.
- Max Time. How long can each call be on hold before the failure routing takes effect.
- Ring Timeout. Enter the number of seconds a call will ring a user (sequential) or group (simultaneous) before it is pushed back to the front of the queue (limit 120). Keep this setting low to ensure calls are answered quickly.
If a Group is set to ring all devices simultaneously and a phone becomes available after the call is already in the group, the phone will ring but not until the Ring Timeout setting is met.
7. Next, choose a ring strategy:
- Simultaneous: Ring all users at the same time.
- Sequential: Ring users in order. The amount of time it routes to each user added to the group until the max time parameter has been met which will then route the call to the next route.
8. Finally, add individuals to the group.
9. When you're done, click [Save].