Follow these simple steps to troubleshoot internet connection issues.
- Restart your router: Unplug or power off your router, wait 30 seconds, and turn it back on. This simple step can often work wonders.
- Check for software updates: Outdated software and apps on your computers and other connected devices can cause connection issues. Check for available updates and install them promptly.
- Check your internet cables: Check that all cables are securely connected to your router and in good shape. Loose or damaged cables can disrupt your internet connection.
- Reduce network congestion: Too many devices connected to your WiFi can strain your bandwidth. Disconnect unused devices like smartphones, tablets, or gaming consoles to free up bandwidth for essential devices. Turn off TVs and printers that are not in use.
- Move your router: The location of your router can significantly impact signal strength. Try placing your router in a central, open area away from obstructions like walls, furniture, or other electronic devices.
Contact Us: If you’re still experiencing connectivity issues after trying these steps, it's time to contact us.